Seventeen years experience developing and managing web/multimedia and client/server applications.
WEBMASTER AT THE VIRGINIA EMPLOYMENT COMMISSION
(August 2013 – Present)
- iPad App: Development of iPad application for Department of Labor housing inspections performed at the VEC – Leveraged FileMaker Pro and FileMaker GO to transform existing paper-based process into a fully digital one. Involved research of products to meet requirements, database design and development, form design and programming, implementation of MirrorSync software to enable offline data entry. Product is now being used by the Agriculture and Foreign Labor Division of the Virginia Employment Commission.
WEB DEVELOPER AT VITA
(November 2012 – August 2013)
GOVERNOR OF VIRGINIA’S WEBMASTER
(July 2007 – October 2012)
- Designed new Governor’s site and Secretariat sites. Involved adhering to State standards of accessibility and layout while creating an online image the Governor and Secretaries are comfortable with.
- Designed and developed Government Reform site
- Designed and developed Virginia’s Stimulus site. Completed within 3 days. (received national Digital Government Achievement Award in the Government-to-Citizen category by the non-profit Center for Digital Government in September, 2009)
- Designed and developed Governor’s YouTube channel. Involved shooting, editing and uploading video.
- Built online photo gallery application. Allows integration between Adobe’s Lightroom software and website.
- Development of Governor’s Facebook page.
- Designed various presentation materials such as posters and pamphlets.
B.M., Music Composition, Magna Cum Laude, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, 1995
- Drupal Theming – Fig Leaf Software
- Programming in Visual Basic 6.0 (VCU)
- Visual Interdev (John Tyler Community College)
- Macromedia Director (Techead)
- Advanced techniques in Microsoft Access 97 (J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College)
Music composition, recording, and performing: Scored music for PBS documentary “Material Science” (2005) and The History Channel’s “Risk Takers/History Makers” (2006).
Photography: First Fridays show at 9WG studios summer of 2017, booth at 2010 Arts in the Park, works displayed at Pine Street Barber Shop, Davis and Main, Café Ole, Firehouse Theatre, and Palani Drive. Received first place photography award for 2010 Dominion RiverRock/Times-Dispatch Digital Photography Contest and voted “Best Local Photographer” in Style Weekly’s 2011 reader’s poll.
Design: Designed t-shirt for local non-profit radio station, WRIR:
Communications Director – Council on Virginia’s Future
Principal at Smart Resources